Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e leak question..

Old 10-06-2006, 11:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e leak question..

I just finished putting in a rebuilt 4l60e and refeshed stall. Got everything back in and added tranny fluid 10 qts. I put a quart in the stall before I put the tranny on. After filling the tranny I saw tranny fluid on the ground. I got under the car and it was coming from around the sensor on the passenger side of installed tranny. The coolant lines are tight I did not see anything from them. Also the tranny dipstick tube is in correct and it is not leaking from there. It leaked about a quart and stopped. I let it idle to operating temp and the tranny dipstick showed the correct amount of fluid. I know there is a tube on the top of the tranny would a over fill come out that tube? Also when I had the tranny rebuilt they put a deeper pan on it. With a deeper pan will it read correct or should it show the tranny to be low? I would think the tranny dipstick would not reach all the way to the bottom.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:47 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Even though you have a deeper pan the geometry of the stick would still be the same , so it would still be correct after all what would be the point of a deeper pan if you filled it to a lower level
As for the leak there are two possibilties a leaking harness conector , or you over filled and then since the tube is generally bent to the passengers side you would get fliud there , If you out over 6 quarts of fluild in before you started it you would get fluild there .
www.performabuiltautomatics.com
Old 10-07-2006, 03:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by performabuilt
Even though you have a deeper pan the geometry of the stick would still be the same , so it would still be correct after all what would be the point of a deeper pan if you filled it to a lower level
As for the leak there are two possibilties a leaking harness conector , or you over filled and then since the tube is generally bent to the passengers side you would get fliud there , If you out over 6 quarts of fluild in before you started it you would get fluild there .
www.performabuiltautomatics.com
Thanks I put in more than 6 quarts before I started it.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sigh of relief

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4l60e leak question..