Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

th350 problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default th350 problem

i ordered a reverse manual valve body with a t-brake and a 5000 converter. and it was installed a couple of weeks ago from redneck performace.

first off, just let me say that there is some people at the track i race at that use redneck converters and have had great luck with them. but of course i didnt.

i had a shop install the t=brake(very involved) and when i put it back together i have converter issues, i ordered a 5000 converter and it will stall to 6200 on the t-brake. my revlimiter is set at 7000. needless to say i didnt make it all the way down the track. so the shop went back through the WHOLE trans, everything is new and we are pretty sure that the trans is perfect, but still stalls to 6200 on the brake. after you launch it once or twice it starts to boil the trans fluid and it shoots out the vent tube on the trans. and all over the track.

i will say that i have talked to redneck a few times and they have been very helpful, and cooperative. we had a misunderstanding on my hp level. i told him wheel hp and he thought it was flywheel. but neither one of us thought that is the whole problem. he said they have a 90 day garuntee on all their products.

if i had to do it all over again i would proballly just order a complete trans setup from them like you are looking at. like i said there is three people i know with these converters and they work great. everyone makes mistakes. as long as they willl back it up im cool with it.

can anyone help me out with this and tell me what they think might be wrong??? like someone from FLT, YANK, VIG, ANYONE?
Old 10-19-2006, 10:54 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

When you tore the transmission down what was wrong with it specifically ?

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-21-2006, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

ttt for performabuilt
Old 10-21-2006, 04:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Ok you told me the forward clutch was fried in the pm , and this says the trans fluild is boilding out the vent tube after a couple stalls runs .
asuming that the trans is not overfilled , Unfortunatly I would say your not having a converter issue , But rather your cooking the forward clutch again , Its simply not holding , Thats why the stall appears to be so high ,Not because its so hight but because the forward clutch is slipping as it did before and is again ,
Now why is it slipping , There are several possiblities ,
cut or damaged seal.worns or damaged drum of rings , you have a 6 cylinder drum containing only three or four frictions and the car has more power than they can hold .
But in anycase I beleave your problem is going to be back inside the transmission , you will be able to verify this when you tear it down you will see the clutches in the forward drum have been burning again ,
You should tear it down then if possible call me or pm me them , But I dont think you are having a converter issue

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-21-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

i thank you very much for your input. it is greatly appreciated.

let me ask you another question, if i had a problem with the forward clutches not holding, would the trans brake still hold??
Old 10-21-2006, 06:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

from the vehical standpoint yes it wouldnt move , but from the engine stand point no it would feel like it was slipping

Call 888-744-6542