Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

som bitch wont shift

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default som bitch wont shift

It's kind of wierd, when you wot it from 1st gear when it goes to shift from 2-3 it just wont shift and hits the limiter, but if you wot it from a second gear roll it shifts perfect everytime. i have tried many things going from the vaccum modulator to putting the pcs solenoid back in and it is the same results every time. i have also adjusted the mph table and the rpm table and it still seems to do the same thing every time. by the way this is a built tranny from the front to back. i cant figure it out and dont know what the hell to do with it anymore. im not the only one with this problem here, i built another one using the same kit and putting it together the same way. he had about 4k miles more on his than i do on mine and his tranny went out. i dont want the same thing to happen to mine and want to save it before it goes. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

any ideas would be appreciated!!!!!

-joe
Old 10-21-2006, 03:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

How high do you have the presure set ,
and do you have anyway of determining by looking at the actual data stream if the 2-3 shift is actually being comanded ,Not when its set to occur but when the pcm actually clicks over and says the shift occurred , ?
How does the 2-3 shift feel at lets stay 3/4 of wot also

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-21-2006, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

the pressure is at about 230psi with the vaccum modulator. we put the pcs back in this morning and turned the screw a quarter of a turn like you had recommended and tuned it back in for the pcs. i went out with my buddy john and got on it a couple times. first gear roll it hit the limiter but if you do a 2nd gear roll it wouldnt. we came back and let it chill out for a while. than i went over to my dad's with my bud david and got on it a few times and shifted perfect when it was commanded to and all at 6800rpm the tranny started to get a little warm so we brought it back to cool off and are gonna take it out in a little bit to see what it does when the tranny cools off. if there is to much tranny pressure with the pcs back in it could that cause it to not shift by any way at all? i dont know how to look at the actual data screen to see if it is being commanded to shift but john is my tuner and im sure he would cause he's bein tuning for a long time. at 3/4 throttle it shifts fine its only at wot that it would hit the limiter before. im gonna take it back out and maybe the computer had to learn that the pcs was back in it and turned on so maybe it just took a short bit to learn.

any other info would be great.
thanks

-joe
Old 10-21-2006, 04:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Well excessive line presure can cause solinoid flooding , The solinoids have to vent fluild through both to make the 2-3 shift , if they cannot either because they are restricted or
if theres just so much volume that they cant the shift will not occur even if it is comanded ,
So you saying on this last trip out it did fine ?
If its fixed good if not ask the tuner if the presure settings are set back to oem , If not do that and then se what happens

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-21-2006, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

thanks alot, im gonna try that cause i know the pressure is turned up pretty good, where gonna try it a few more times and see what happens but i am going to turn the pressure down a little and see what happens with it turned down to stock and see what happens. i will let you know what happens after that.

thanks for all your help,

-joe
Old 10-21-2006, 05:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Any time , thats what we are here for besides selling transmisions and converters, All though I wish we got on sale for every question I answered on here ha ha ,lol

Call 888-744-6542