Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neil Chance Converters

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neil Chance Converters

I will be doing a th350 swap in a couple of weeks and I am stuck between the ATI and Neil Chance converters if anyone has experinced either one of these TC's let me know what you like or dont like about them.From what I hear they are top notch converters.

-Joe
Old 10-26-2006, 01:15 AM
10 Second Club

They are the best converter IMO. They are built very well and if you are willing to spend the extra cash get one that's bolted together. They are pricey but worth it and are a proven performer.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:57 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know at least 2 of the top 10 fastest cam only guys are running an 8" ATI converter as will i. the only person i know running a N'Chance converter is Nitrorocket and his twin turbo ls1 chevelle, and he's experiencing almost an 11% slippage from it. it's a bolt together too btw.

the only real advantage to a bolt together is that it can be opened up and or changed much easier than a welded one. there is no difference as far as the internals. if you're not going to be changing converter stalls from track to track or something, i would not spend the extra money on a bolt together. if you're just running one or a few different local tracks, i would just call N'Chance or go to ATI's site and print off one of their spec sheets for a custom converter. that should do you just fine. ATI's even got a sale going on right now either until january or through january for $749 for their custom 8" converters if you're really gonna get serious with it.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

I'm running a neal chance TC and am very happy with it. I'm not experiencing any slippage with it as it seems to be a very efficiant TC so far. I'm about to send it back for a re-stall or replcement as I'm going FI now. I don't think you can go wrong with either one IMO, but I have no first hand experience with ATI.

Dan

Quick Reply: Neil Chance Converters