Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80E woe problems.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 4L80E woe problems.

Ok to start I keep having a rpm flaring going on. 35mph or so the rpms jump and then calm down. Start about 9 month ago still under warranty. Took the truck in, mech. said " I do not know, drive it till it breaks or gets worse so we can fix it."
Screw it I will drive it till it breaks.
Got the truck tuned and of corse NO problem not one time did it act up. Driving home loose 4th then 3rd and was stuck in 2nd tell I pulled off got a drink and started up again all was fine.
So i open the tune and start playing with the TCC and shift points whiles in haul mode.
NOw I have it set to lock up at 45mph in 4th. 38 in 3rd. But it is not happening.
4th will not come in until 50+mph and 3rd gear lock up only work if I am in manual 3 or drive.

I can go 48mph in 4th, pull it down to manual 3rd, rpms jumps and calms down roughly 200prms lower.

So I am about to buy a new tranny but do not want to IF there is something I need to pull and change.

Truck is turbo charged, runs and shifts great while on it and at WOT, but granny driving it, it seems to have a life of its own.

any help would be appreciated. Screw the dealer now they say sorry even though you brought it in month ago while under warranty your warranty is out now.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:02 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is your truck a diesel by chance? If so I have a bulitin for you.