Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sonnax HD Red vs. Kevlar Bands?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sonnax HD Red vs. Kevlar Bands?

What are some high mileage experiences with the Sonnax HD Red bad vs. the Sonnax Kevlar band?

Is the HD Red band that much better than OEM? Does it live? Does it hold? Does it attack the drum?

Does the Kevlar band attack the steel drum like the powerglide kevlars I've used in the past? I'm not interested in sacrificing expensive hard parts anymore, rather just feed it another band.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Personally we havent had the best luck with the kevlar bands the redline bands are mush better and the high energy carbon compsite bands we like even better ,
At one time we were using the kevlar bands but had some problems with the lining coming off, not burning but just the lining separating from the band,

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-20-2006, 01:10 AM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

When the 2-4 band goes, so does the reverse input drum, and both will have to be replaced. Kevlar is not a very good material when it comes to dynamic holding power, ok in low HP, but the Red material works much better here on the 2-4 band. The Borg Warner Hi-Energy 2-4 band is the best in my experiences. I have it in 9 & 10 second vehicles doing very well.

Quick Reply: Sonnax HD Red vs. Kevlar Bands?