Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

~-~-~! hurst quarter stick usuers inside !~-~-~

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 02:06 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ~-~-~! hurst quarter stick usuers inside !~-~-~

I am about to buy a shifter for my TH400 and am considering 3. The B/M pro ratchet which I have driven with before, a B/M pro stick which is highly recommended by my buddy who gave up his ratchet after 6 faithful years....and won't go back, and the titty-licious looking hurst pistol grip quater stick.

I am familiar with how the ratchet and pro stick shift......but is the hurst 1/4 stick operate the same as a b/m pro stick? It looks like it does.

My buddy who is selling me on the pro stick said the hurst is cheaply made and all plastic.....which is why he says to go with the pro stick over it.

Thanks!

CLIFFNOTES:

1. How does the hurst pistol grip quarter stick shift form 1-2-3?
2. Is the hurst cheap and flimsy?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my cheap pistol grip Q-stick. Dunno wtf your buddy is talking about.
I don't see where it's "cheap" or "flimsy", and all plastic. Solid construction, tight tolerances, and oh yeah..... it's full on titty-licious

Can't comment on how it differs from the B&M.

Mine is for a rmvb. Neutral to 1st is locked out until you pull the lever. 1st to 2nd is one straight short positive click. 2nd to 3rd is locked out until you pull the lever. From 3rd back to 1st is free, and then locks out neutral.... pull the lever and click forward to get neutral and reverse.

Side note* On a rmvb trans, I didn't feel like the reverse lock out was necessary as you'd really have to be high to hit reverse on the 1-2-3 shift, so I removed the little lever that needs to be pulled to unlock reverse. Works for me.

I guess shifters are just a preferance thing. Don't think you'd be dissapointed w/the Q stick though.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My two prefernces when I was looking were the quarter stick and the Cheetah. I went with the Cheetah as liked the gate shift over ratchet, personal preference like SLow said...

Dan
Old 11-30-2006, 03:41 PM
10 Second Club

why would anyone want to go over and to the side for 3rd gear. Dont waste your TIME rachet is the way to go!! Thats seconds "if you will" in the quater mile. I prefer strait back shifts! Its booty lishus uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh na naaaaa na naaaaa all day for me. I dont loose
Old 11-30-2006, 05:37 PM
10 Second Club

LOl, you obviously never tried one, takes no longer than a ratchet and 1rst to second is probably even faster, but it really doesn't matter, you see the shift light and shift, only takes a fraction of a second with either shifter. So you think shifting takes seconds off your ET? I have an 8 second car then and didn't know it.

Dan
Old 12-01-2006, 12:41 AM
TECH Resident

Its simply personal preference really. I don't like ratchet shifters, I prefer a positive detent shifter like the Pro Stick or Quarter stick.
In my opinion the Pro Stick and the Quarter Stick are basically the same shifter so I went with the cheaper one. No complaints here. I have a RMVB and the Pro Stick works great for me.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

said the hurst is cheaply made and all plastic.....
The only plastic on my hurst quarter stick is the ****..