Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e Problems...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l60e Problems...

Sorry for posting in both the tuning forum and tranny forum but i am tryin to find out all the info i can. Ok, i had a tci 3000 stall in my car, replaced it with a SS4000 stall, started throwin PCM codes, 0756 0757 you know typical behavior for the new stall its not used too. pulled the pcm fuses and reset pcm and drove car around town, its used to the new converter now, yay, later on it started randomly unlocking and reverted back to the shift solenoid codes. i know theres nothin wrong with them cause when i clear the codes while driving it goes back to shifting properly, but thats not what im pissed about. i took it to get it retuned and asked him to tune the trans to adjust for the higher stall. he gave the car back and told me to drive it for a day to see how i liked it, no lock up at all for 2 days then it locks up from that point on, but in the mean time it takes a nose dive while shifting cause the TM was not zeroed out, i have a built trans with a shift kit so it can handle the abuse. so we go through the pcm again and turn off the TM and reset other parameters, i am not a tuner so i dont know entirely what was done. but i lost lock up or so i thought. it was locking but tap the gas and it just revs up to accelerate out of lock up. so we have been messin with this things tune for almost 3 weeks now and i finally made him put the lock stock factory tune on the car and it is still doin the same thing, slippin under lock up very bad, yank say the converter either locks or doesnt lock if its mechanically good or bad, there is no in between according to them. does anyone have ANY idea what the possible problems could be, i am tired of screamin down the highway at almost 3000rpm's, soon as i start coastin it goes to the rpm that it holds under lock up. and according to the hp tuners that the guy is usin, it is sending the apply/lock up signal. any ideas at all please?
Old 12-15-2006, 01:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im havin close to the same problem but my stall has been installed for quite some time and has been retuned.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:29 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When you get codes for the solenoids in some cases it is not the solenoid that is the problem. The slippage or stall of the tc is what the computer is seeing. Sometimes the trans is having issues or is hurt. However, in most cases after installing a new stall when you get these codes you need to clear them and then deleate the test for these codes from the computer. You tunner can do this with his software. Hope this fixes you up. Vince