Sponsored by:

My 3600 Fuddle Review/Story

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default My 3600 Fuddle Review/Story

Cliff Notes:
Had an experimental Fuddle converter/cover go bad. Fuddle stood by thier product and by me. I never really expected them to pay (more than double the cost of the converter) for my transmission, but they made me right. They went above and beyond what any other company has done for me. Replacing my converter and repairing my transmission.

Full Story:
I've had quite a long saga with converters and transmissions. Hopefully it has all come to an end, but I wanted to take a minute and let everyone know my experience with John/Fuddle and his converters.

I originally purchased a converter from Fuddle in January of 2006. It took about a month to recieve but came with an upgraded billet cover and a few other things. I installed it with a brand new built th400 (after killing one and a TCS converter before). The converter felt great, nice and tight on motor.

I took it to the track and had consistency issues on motor and it got very loose. Never sprayed or really leaned on the car. Took it to another track day and felt what seemed like tire spin. Took it to a third track day with new tires/susp dialed in and still felt wrong. I realized the trans wasn't cooling down and checked the fluid/cooler. No pressure and very burnt/metal filled fluid.

November of 2006 - After a couple of weeks away from working on the car I pulled the trans/converter. The converter was making terrible rattling noises and chewed up my input shaft. Metal all throughout the transmission.

Sent the converter to Fuddle in early November and recieved a call from John a couple of days later. He informed me that the converter had failed due to an experimental billet front cover. Fluid routing issues caused excessive pressure/wear that intern grenaded the converter. He mentioned that I was one of only a handfull of people that actually recieved these covers before they found the problem.

John subsequently offered to replace the bad converter and pay for any damage to my transmission. I had assumed I was out to dry with the transmission destruction, but John said he would make it right.

December 2006 - Recieved a new converter in about a week. Looks really nice should be going into the car soon. Check was mailed but got lost with the holiday rush.

January 2007 - John mailed me a new check covering the entire cost of my th400 repair.

Fuddle stood by thier product and by me. I never really expected them to pay (more than double the cost of the converter) for my transmission, but they accepted the reality of the situation and made it right. They went above and beyond what any other company has done for me. Replacing my converter and repairing my transmission.

I have no doubt they back thier products and customers.

-Sean