Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blew my trans up

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blew my trans up

Blew it up friday night while logging for the first time with Hp Tuners. Had it towed home and saturday got the rear in the air started the car and put in to gear and the tires never moved not in any gear. So much for thinking it was the rearend. Called my buddy who is a GM mechanic asked him what he thought and he thinks most likely I broke the input shaft. It broke when shifting into second at WOT and it hit the limiter and there was absolutely nothing there. It actually sounded like something snapped in the rear. I will be pulling the tranny out this week with the help of my buddy. My question is since he will have the tranny apart should I have the clutches replaced with something better than the stock ones and what else should I replace while it is apart. If I had the money for a new trans I would by a new trans but money is pretty tight and it is my daily driver so it needs to be up and running as soon as humanly possible. Any suggestion's as to what type of parts that would be good to back in it would much appreciated. THANKS
Old 01-28-2007, 09:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Look at the write ups on our website for each of our units you should be able to get some good ideas there, Also if time is the more major concerned we can ussually ship a trans the same day or by the next day after order , But anyway you should be able to get some good ideas on parts there , I would look at the level 2

Call 888-744-6542