Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How bad did this hurt my tansmission

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 07:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How bad did this hurt my tansmission

I started having some converter lock up issues last month, and some slipping in my transmission , I just figured my converter was giving out already and didnt put much thought into it. I couldn't really mess with it because of having surgery on my knee and i couldn't get around to well. Well now that im fine i started looking at it and it was about a quart low on transmission fluid, well i fill it up and it drives fine, shifts great, like nothing was ever wrong. I put probably around 500 mile on it while it was messing up. I fill like an idiot. I just cant believe that being a quart low caused all these problems.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well if its working well count yourself lucky and yes a quart low can play havock on these because they don't have much excess capacity. As for damage well add about 10000 miles to the trans and converter it may still go a long time dont get me wrong but definatly reduced its life span

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-30-2007, 09:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by performabuilt
Well if its working well count yourself lucky and yes a quart low can play havock on these because they don't have much excess capacity. As for damage well add about 10000 miles to the trans and converter it may still go a long time dont get me wrong but definatly reduced its life span

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it will last another year, then ill be out of college and can get a t-350 for it. I still fell like such a dumb ***.