Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I"m gonna be sick...Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I think I"m gonna be sick...Opinions?

So I was driving my car today, and I did a WOT run, and all of a sudden I feel this insane grinding. ONLY at WOT, not at 1/4, 1/2, nothing. Kinda feels like it stutters off the line a little bit. Rear, transmission? Opinions? If it was my rear, wouldn't it be doing it all the time, and not only at WOT?
Old 02-18-2007, 02:54 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does it do this in all gears? Also what does the oil look like?
Old 02-18-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
Does it do this in all gears? Also what does the oil look like?
It seems like so far it only does it from first to second WOT. Like I said, 1/2, 1/4 throttle, and everything else, it seems to be shifting fine. My fluid is a mixture between pink/black. Although the fluid isn't completely black, after wiping off the fluid from the dipstick, and putting it back, there is a lot of black residue on it. I also didn't want to keep driving it hard to know if it does it in all gears. My transmission is gone.

Last edited by blind527; 02-18-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:31 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you have a sun shell that is stripping out or a bad one way clutch. Never the less with the condition of the oil, you know the next step. Feel free to pm me or call the shop if you need any more info or simply click the link in my Sig. Vince
Old 02-18-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
Sounds like you have a sun shell that is stripping out or a bad one way clutch. Never the less with the condition of the oil, you know the next step. Feel free to pm me or call the shop if you need any more info or simply click the link in my Sig. Vince

I planned on going with you guys 2 years ago when my bellhousing cracked. I live in Crystal Lake, so I'm not too far from you guys at all. I'll most likely give you guys a call, if I have the money!!!