Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone ever hear of/see pontiac f cars with....

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone ever hear of/see pontiac f cars with....

the manual shift button? it sits next to the performance shift button, and with some cars on the other site of the performance button is performance traction. so in that little pod in the center console where the more common "performance shift" button is there is also "performance traction" and "manual shift" anyone ever see this in person or ever drive a car with all 3 options, i have a 94 with the performance shift and there is such a dramatic difference on how the car drives with the botton on then when its off jsut wanted to see what the others where about.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Regular

ive never used that button before.. i have a transgo so I assumed it wouldnt really do much for me
Old 03-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Launching!

i have a vette servo and i notice a huge difference when its off and when its on, it shifts way more "appropriate" than my buddies 93 z with a shift kit, but you guys are seriously telling me that no one has peaked curiosity in this??
Old 03-22-2007, 12:03 AM
12 Second Club

I personally have not seen any of those switches in a LS1 car. I have seen/driven with them in some older LT1 cars and yes, it does make a difference. However, I have NEVER seen a Manual shift button for a Auto. Thats kinda...well, redundent. It'll shift better and faster if you just leave it in D.

Ski
Old 03-22-2007, 05:13 PM
Launching!

ya i was talking about lt1 cars, i saw a listing for it in my dealer service manual and i thoght it was pretty crazy, who knows maybe its something where you can control exactly how high you shift at WOT whether its lower or above the stock shift points, maybe yoiu can go as hard as you want with out it kicking down into the passing gear.??