Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Props to Yank. My PT4000 is awesome.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 03:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Props to Yank. My PT4000 is awesome.

I don't know why more LT1 guys don't run the big Yanks, cause damn do they make these cars run. Not very many people run the Yanks in the LT1 crowd from what I can see for whatever reason, but I know so many fast LS1 guys do (that's why I bought one).. I can see why now.

I trapped almost 119 last night with my heads/cam automatic LT1 through a Ford 9", full weight The car pulls UNREAL through the entire powerband, and the shift extension of 5700 keeps the car right on the money after every shift. The 60' was a comfy 1.57 with room for improvement with suspension (even my torque arm is stock).

I love my PT4000, and props to CPT for building the badass transmission holding the converter
Old 03-22-2007, 04:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the report, and the purchase of our product
Old 03-22-2007, 08:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28
I don't know why more LT1 guys don't run the big Yanks, cause damn do they make these cars run. Not very many people run the Yanks in the LT1 crowd from what I can see for whatever reason, but I know so many fast LS1 guys do (that's why I bought one).. I can see why now.

I trapped almost 119 last night with my heads/cam automatic LT1 through a Ford 9", full weight The car pulls UNREAL through the entire powerband, and the shift extension of 5700 keeps the car right on the money after every shift. The 60' was a comfy 1.57 with room for improvement with suspension (even my torque arm is stock).

I love my PT4000, and props to CPT for building the badass transmission holding the converter
I try....
You have lots of LT1 guys that want big performance but don't really have an idea that's it's "combo," that makes you fast. Hell, most seem to want to shift their bigger cam combos at 6300 on a 350 cube, maybe 6500...I did a cam swap a while back for a guy that ordered a 226I/230E and after the swap wanted to shift at 6K on his 350....On the dyno he wasn't even close to max power yet at that rpm... little lone, worried about extension or lack of it in his case...

The reason I went SS series was to run a 150 shot on my stroker. If I was going back straight "NA" and wanted the most performance I would have gotten a "Thuster Pro" series or a looser "SS" converter...

I'm glad someone finally put together a good 350 combo with Lloyds heads/cam combo...I get tired of guys that say his stuff doesn't work...I know it doe's, but I'm also a stroker, so I don't count! I don't think that most realize that extra cubes mean nothing..Combo does...I remember when Ellis did a 11.47 first time out with his car (Full weight, including roll bar and 17's up front...3700lb race weight) most seemed impressed but again it was a 380 cube so, it's kind of expected to go good.

Good job again...See you in the 10's.....
Old 03-24-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing but Yank converters for my car. Yank rules.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Nothing but Yank converters for my car. Yank rules.