Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help badly

Old 03-24-2007, 01:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help badly

i just installed both new shift solenoids for 1-2 and 2-3, still getting code p0758. i cleaned off all connections with a spray. with pan off i checked the solenoids and when you trun key forward 1-2 clicks and stays on, is this normal? also when i changed out the solenoids one got pushed out by what was in the back and the other did not is that normal or is that causing the problem? if i use vcm controls it does not seem to turn it off, all others click fine. when i drive 1st and 2nd go in fine untill you put it in d or od then i get code. what else can it be is 4th burned out?
Old 03-24-2007, 01:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you clear the codes out and see if they come back?

BTW, notice you have the 226/26 cam, how do you like it?
Old 03-24-2007, 01:12 AM
11 Second Club

when i clear the codes i can feel it try to go to 4 it does command it but only feels like neutral also if i select 4 on the vcm control it feels like neutral, after about 8 seconds in d or od the codes come back
and as for the cam it real streetable if you set you idle to about 800 you realy cant hear it but if you set it to 700 or 650 it sounds real nice. the power band begins prety low and continues past 6200 pretty good for me
Old 03-24-2007, 01:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im no tranny expert but thought i'd chip in at least a lil something, so best of luck to you with that problem!

and thanks for the cam info!
Old 03-24-2007, 08:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

While the feels like neutral wories me on the fourth shift since 2nd and fourth is the band I would say its not burned up and assuming 3rd is ok I wouldnt be ready to assume that the trans is fried yet particularly if theres no smell. However the code your setting is and electrical fault not a mechanical failure, Below is what and why it is. I can also send you additional troubleshooting information in email if you like.

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
The 2-3 shift solenoid (SS) valve controls the fluid flow acting on the 2-3 shift valves. The 2-3 SS valve is a normally-open exhaust valve that is used with the 1-2 SS valve in order to allow four different shifting combinations. The solenoid attaches to the control valve body within the transmission. The 2-3 SS valve receives ignition voltage through circuit 239. The (PCM) controls the solenoid by providing the ground path on circuit 1223.

When the PCM detects a continuous open, short to ground or short to power in the 2-3 SS valve circuit, then DTC P0758 sets. DTC P0758 is a type A DTC.

CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC
  • The system voltage is 8-18 volts.
  • The engine speed is 450 RPM for 5 seconds.
  • The engine is not in fuel cutoff.
CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
DTC P0758 sets it one of the following conditions occurs for 5 seconds.

Condition 1
The PCM commands the solenoid ON and the voltage feedback remains high (B+).

Condition 2
The PCM commands the solenoid OFF and the voltage feedback remains low (0 volts).

ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS

• The PCM illuminates the SES.
  • The PCM commands third gear only.
  • The PCM commands maximum line pressure.
  • The PCM inhibits TCC engagement.
  • The PCM freezes shift adapts from being updated.
  • The PCM records the operating conditions when the Conditions for Setting the DTC are met. The PCM stores this information as Freeze Frame and Failure Records.
  • The PCM stores DTC P0758 in PCM history.
CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE MIL/DTC

• The PCM turns OFF the MIL during the third consecutive trip in which the diagnostic test runs and passes.
  • A scan tool can clear the MIL/DTC.
  • The PCM clears the DTC from PCM history if the vehicle completes 40 warm-up cycles without an emission-related diagnostic fault occurring.
  • The PCM cancels the DTC default actions when the fault no longer exists and/or the IGNITION SWITCH is OFF long enough in order to power down the PCM.
DIAGNOSTIC AIDS

• Inspect the connectors at the PCM, the 2-3 SS valve and all other circuit connecting points for an intermittent condition. Refer to Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections in Diagrams.
  • Inspect the circuit wiring for an intermittent condition. Refer to Testing for Electrical Intermittents in Diagrams.
  • Refer to the Shift Solenoid Valve State and Gear Ratio table.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-24-2007, 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

i took it to a shop and they say the oil smells fine also 3rd does go in and does work fine too, but it only goes in when the ses light comes on from not shifting. i did clean connections on the pcm and the two that are on the tranny should i just recheck the entire wiring harnes to see if i forgot a wire somewhere i didnt use the pnp switch could that cause it? Performabuilt additional help would be appreciated please send to josegarfiaz@hotmail.com thanks!
Old 03-24-2007, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

does anyone know if one of the solenoids is supposed to turn on as soon as you turn key forward? and are both solenoids supposed to be pushed out by the spring behind of it when you pull off the retainer cuz one did and the other didnt
Old 03-24-2007, 08:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yes one has a valve with spring behind that will push out thats the 2-3 solenoid, Poer is applied to all solenoids when the switch is turned on , they ae engized when they are grounded by the pcm.Not sure if they would both be on in park switch on , Do know they will both be on in drive switch on as that is first gear

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-24-2007, 08:40 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Oh and did you get the email with all the info on that code I sent you ?

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-25-2007, 10:39 AM
11 Second Club

i did get the info but i cant seem to get the pics to come out just a small x in the corner
Old 03-25-2007, 02:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ok ill send it again a different way then

Call 888-744-6542

Search this Thread