Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum modulated 4L60e?

Old 04-02-2007, 09:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Vacuum modulated 4L60e?

I was talking with a very well-respected tranny shop today, and he was telling me that one thing to aid in the 4L60e's life is to change from computer modulated pressure, to vacuum modulation. Do any other shops do this? How can one do this?
Old 04-02-2007, 10:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well it pretty simple theres a kit from transgo to do it, it simply involves replacing the PCS with a vaccum mod along with other mods to the presure control circuit hydraulically , Then using either a resistor or and old PCS to fool the PCM into beleaving its there , We dont use these because I dont think its really any better system though some may disagree and thats fine to each his own.
The up side is supposed to be higher max line and less failure due to electrical issues , The down side I have noted since I have installed one of these before actually a couple is exccesivly high line at lower throttles particulary with camed cars and turbo cars since the mod requires high vaccum to lower line presure, I think this puts unnessesary strain on the hard parts when its not needed for instance just cruising around town. And when the PCS is moded properly I dont see that there is a substaintial increase in FT max line either. But thats my opinion and to each his own, I am not like some and absolutley opposed to the idea there are a few people out there who think its the worst thing possible . I just dont see any real advantage,
Just as I said my opinion .

Call 888-744-6542

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vacuum modulated 4L60e?