Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Problems

so how many of you guys can get your 4l60e to shift perfect on the street yet when you take it to the track it ***** up? This last sunday i went out to the track and ran a 12.31 with the 1-2 shift messing up like it has done so many times. good launch and everything but when it gets time to shift it shifted down to second at about 5000 rpms, went up to 6000 rpms, back to 4000, and then went on like normal. I already have to have a different tune for the track because if i dont it sets off a code and shifts from 1-3. And it seems that these problems are only out at the track cause on the streets it shifts like a champ on the WOT 1-2. All i want is one time down the track without any tranny problems so i can see what the car really runs Anyone have similar problems?

Last edited by 94greencamaro; 04-06-2007 at 01:48 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem. Seemed like every time the car would hook well (below 1.70 60' times) I would get the same problem. I looked at the log and saw that when the car hooked the MPH would not go above 3 or 4 mph and not shift till I let off, (usually when it hit the rev limiter) then it would go to 3rd from 1st. Did a little research and found that some call this a stall wall. Also found that the fix for some people was to get into the ECM constants (Data Master) and raise the VSS diagnostic above your stall speed. I took mine 1000 rpm above my advertised stall. It seemed to fix the problem. Hope this helps.

Mec
Old 04-06-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it seems to happen only when the car hooks (at the track). Greaseymac i really appreciate your help. Can you explain a little more what you did. I go into datamaster but i dont see what your talking about?

Also, what should the line pressure be at? I just got into my lt1-edit and realized the max line pressure is set at 120. Isnt this WAY low?
Old 04-06-2007, 03:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont know what I was thinking. I meant Tuner CATS. Logged my runs with Datamaster. I think that is the max "setting" on the line pressure. If you put a guage on the tranny the line pressure should be more than 120 psi at WOT. By the way, looks like we are running the exact same cam. Guess thats why our times are almost the same.

Mec

Last edited by Greaseymec; 04-06-2007 at 03:13 PM.