Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

t400 reverse manual valve body with tbrake problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:46 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default t400 reverse manual valve body with tbrake problem

i dont know anything about this stuff. i am told the tranny we have is a reverse manual valve body with tbrake. would that make the pattern prn123???

well without any electrical conection to the tbrake we can put it in r and it spins backwards. n and it spins forward a little but you can hold it easy. 1 and it spins faster, 2 even faster, 3 and it stops not a harsh stop like park but a prety quick stop.

if you rev it in any gear it will rev up but in 3rd it is under a load(while not spining). it is like the tbrake is engauged.

soo, is that last position 3rd gear? any idea what might be going on in there? i know i dont have much info on this tranny and we are trying to get it so we can ask better questions. this is for the potential pinks car we are building.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:17 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The low position would be 3rd gear in a reverse pattern. Most break 400's use the neutral position with the break applied for reverse. This keeps the lube flow and pressure working properly. As far as the bind in 3rd that sounds like a cross leak or a broken internal component. I hope you know a good tanny guy. Sounds like you should give him a call.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:19 PM
single digit dreamer

i dont know any "good" tranny guys, got any ideas?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:26 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

or click the link in your signature.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:17 AM
single digit dreamer

hey vince or chuck. we are going to put a temp gauge on this tranny. do we just stick the sensor in the pan or should we put it someplace else?
Old 04-15-2007, 05:45 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

I would suggest putting it in the pan or the return cooler line. Did you get anywhere with the 3rd gear issue?
Old 04-15-2007, 12:35 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
I would suggest putting it in the pan or the return cooler line. Did you get anywhere with the 3rd gear issue?
nope. i dont mean to diss you guys by not having you do it. we kind of split up the car into sections and my area was under the hood. another guy is in charge of the tranny and another for the rear end. he had some local conections and went with them. i all ready knew this but it just confirms it for me that any work i have done will always goto you guys. plain and simple... put it in and it works

we are going to yank it out and give it back to the guy that put it together, this is one of those deals where i know i should try and convice my buddy to cut his losses and send it to you guys.

Quick Reply: t400 reverse manual valve body with tbrake problem