Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd trans problem. Diagnosis?

Old 04-15-2007, 03:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Odd trans problem. Diagnosis?

Well I havent driven the car in quite a few months due to winter, but It's still been sitting in the back of my head.

I honestly never noticed what gear it would happen in, but I assume 3-4 ...

When I would decide to floor it WOT, the rev's would just keep climbing until I realized I was spinning the engine up too high and wouldnt shift into the next gear, so I would have to let go of the gas, and let the car slow down and then it would decide to shift into a gear.

I am somehwat up in the air about what the problem is. Cause this only happens at WOT, if I go 3/4 or 1/2 or any other way on the pedal this doesnt occure.

This also just happend after installing new heads, injectors, U/D pulleys, etc etc etc..

Also, the shift rpm/mph stuff may have been touched the year before in HPTuners..

Could all this be happening just because at WOT the ECU see's that the RPM and/or the MPH isnt being met so it is allowing the engine to keep reving until it see's the desired number at WOT, before it shifts?

Or is it most likely a smoked trans. FYI, I did a couple thousand miles before this have the transmission professionally rebuilt and beef'd up.

I also currently have a SSF 3500.

Any other questions, or anything I left out, please ask.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2007, 03:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I would definatly do some looking into the tuning and whats being commanded first as it sounds like thats going to be the issue

Call 888-744-6542

Search this Thread