Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converter?

My transmission recently went out and I'm having it rebuilt. I had a TCI3000 stall in it. I was wondering if maybe the lock up in the converter went out. When it would shift it seemed like it was shifting into overdrive but wouldnt lock up. After drive it would shift once and the rpms would drop but not that much. It did this for awhile then it started slipping into drive so changed the fluid and it shifted in to overdrive and locked up fine for about 200 miles and then it started slipping into second and drive so i pulled it out and em getting the tranny rebuilt. The converter is about 4 months old. Does it sound maybe like the converter is not locking or if overdrive went out?

Thanks
Brandon
Old 04-26-2007, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Well I just got the call from my tranny guy and my tranny is done. He said that when he pulled it apart there was nothing wrong that he could see. He said the clutches looked and the fluid was clean, so now i'm thinking maybe my stall is bad. When it was in the car it wouldnt shift out of second at wot at, all it would do is bounce off the rev limiter. Would the stall cause that?

Sometimes the tranny had a mind of its own. One minute it would slip into second and sometimes it would slip into drive. For awhile it would slip while it was in second if you gave it alot of gas, then it stopped that and started bouncing off the rev limiter going into second.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Had it tuned yet? If not those are the root of your problems
Old 04-27-2007, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

No i havent got it tuned. When i first put the stall in there it shifted fine at wot, and didnt hit the rev limiter. Then it slowly kept getting worse until it wouldnt shift at all until i let off the gas.