Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuilt 4L60E - SES Code 1-2 Shift Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rebuilt 4L60E - SES Code 1-2 Shift Solenoid

This is the 2nd time my car has thrown the 1-2 shift solenoid SES code. I was told to just go to the dealer and buy the solenoid and have it installed when I change my tranny fluid.

Can I get the part anywhere else? How does it fail like that and what damage can it cause? Or will it just make the 1-2 shift feel heavy and shitty until I replace it?
Old 05-11-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

?!?!?!?!
Old 05-11-2007, 06:26 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you hitting the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift? If so a couple things come to mind. Due to your stall converter this might be a tuning issue or possibly a burnt band. You might want to get with a tuner. The first thing to do is to clear the code and then delete the test from your computer. If you are hitting the rev limiter, your shift mph and rpms might need to be lowered in your tune for the transmission. I hope this info helps. Vince
Old 05-11-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Resident

i'm not hitting the rev limiter though. everything feels fine. sometimes i notice the 1-2 shift from a stop light feels real hard though. i can just hear my rear end or something. i recently changed the fluid back there also and noticed nothing was out of the ordinary. no metal shavings or or leaks or anything. other than that happening sometimes the tranny seems to be working fine and shifts fast when i go wot.

what's up with that code? even when it came on the first time i didn't notice my tranny acting up.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:53 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is possible that your computer is not seeing the factory parameters of input and output through the transmission. This could be caused by your stall. I think what I advised you above with tuning will probably take care of it.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, follow Vince's advice and disable the shift solenoid codes from the tune and it will work much better.