Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmision going bad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmision going bad?

This kinda sucks, but my car has been acting really weird lately, and now everytime i get into it, it will go all the way to the redline in second, and wont will hang there, and then start making a grinding sound till i get off of it, but wont shift into third, im pretty sure the tranny is going bad, but i want your thoughts, thanks
Old 05-19-2007, 08:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Yes unfortunatly it sounds like the trans is dead. If we can be of any help please let me know and check out our website.
thanks

Call 888-744-6542

Old 05-19-2007, 09:01 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by topgunbar0
This kinda sucks, but my car has been acting really weird lately, and now every time i get into it, it will go all the way to the red line in second, and wont will hang there, and then start making a grinding sound till i get off of it, but wont shift into third, I'm pretty sure the tranny is going bad, but i want your thoughts, thanks
It sounds like a band and a 3-4 clutch failure. I'm not sure on the grinding sound unless the band is trying to re-machine the drum. Or if the input drum is partially broke and there are chucks binding between the sun shell and the input drum. Never the less you need a new trans. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions. Vince