Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M6 2 A3 shifter????

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default M6 2 A3 shifter????

Just wonderig what you guys did for a shifter when doing you swaps. Let see some pics!
Old 05-19-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine isn't the prettiest of installs, but it works great And yes it's dirty, haven't cleaned it for the season yet (been sitting for the past 6 months). I used a B&M 3 foot shift cable for mine. It came with a much longer one, but it ended up causing problems. The 3 foot cable fits perfectly

B&M Pro Stick Shifter with a B&M tall handle (with button, it's for nitrous), in a stock M6 console

View of under the console (don't mind all those wires, they aren't in the way of any moving parts )

Closer view of the front brace. The rear of the shifter is bolted to the car without any extra braces, but the front needed one. The shifter doesn't wobble around at all

You might notice that I don't even use the reverse lockout thingy. I use neutral for both "park" (e-brake) and reverse, so I never even shift up far enough to use it. So I just covered it with the M6 boot and forgot that it was even there

Trans brake switch on the top middle left, nitrous arming switch on the bottom middle (more dirt to be cleaned ) I also rewired the reverse lights to activate when the trans brake switch was activated (since it does act as reverse)

Here's a short video shifting through the gears. It starts out in neutral, then goes to 1st, 2nd, then 3rd gear. I then went back through the gears, going to 2nd, 1st, then neutral

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e...33013eba4c.htm
Old 05-19-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

that is a sweet setup it looks like an m6 to the naked eye
Old 05-19-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's why I like it
Old 05-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

nice stealth look. Here's a link to a bunch of pic's of my interior, I notched an A4 console to clear around my pistol-grip hurst quarterstick

http://www.mainstreamtopics.com/~scr...%20Ws6%20Pics/