Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 speed to auto swap??

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 07:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 6 speed to auto swap??

I have a 2000ss with the mods in my sig. I was curious as to what is needed and involved to swap in a th400 in place of the t-56. Do I need a new driveshaft?? Torque arm?? bellhousing?? Etc.. Any info is helpfull. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, yes, yes... and yes again.

there's a sticky - you can also do a search and find tons of info.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

parts you'll need - lokar dipstick, Yank or BMR trans cross-member, new driveshaft... if you get a cross-member with an integrated torque arm mount, then you can keep the stock style trans mounted torque arm. if not, then you'll need a chassis mounted torque arm. there's different flexplates you need...

the bellhousing on a chevy TH400 will bolt right up - however, there are only like, 4-5 bolts that hold the trans to the motor and it's on the top half of the bellhousing. i don't think anyone has had problems - but Yank makes a REALLY nice bellhousing conversion so that you have a bellhousing w/ all the bolts.

you will lose your spedometer... there are factory sensors you can get to work w/ the TH400.

you'll need a shifter for it... you'll need some sort of bracket to bolt the shifter to the floor.... and lots

Last edited by Bryan @ Speed Inc.; 06-01-2007 at 12:32 PM.