Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny troubles ... need your help

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny troubles ... need your help

My stock 4L60E has been having trouble shifting gears, everything feels normal until it's time to shift, I have to almost lift completely off the throttle and let it shift and then I can use the throttle again, if I don't it takes forever to shift. The shifts aren't hard or head jerking and they don't feel soft or like it's slipping. it feels like it just doesn't know when it's supposed to shift to me, but I know almost nothing about transmissions also on WOT runs and WOT downshifts it will just peg the rev limiter I'm not sure if it will shift after sitting there for awhile because I let out don't want to F up the engine. Anyone have any ideas or similar issues, your help is greatly appreciated. Some background: the car and tranny have 64k on them, fluid level is good, color is good and it doesn't smell burnt, I will be dropping the pan and putting in a new filter as well as filling with new fluid.

Last edited by killerinparadise; 06-10-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well though it could have tuning issues if the cars mostly stock the trans is likley on it way out

Call 888-744-6542