Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shift points and mph

Old 06-20-2007, 11:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shift points and mph

I know i need a tune only have a hypertech on the car(lts,ypipe,catback,grantelli maf, mti lid, coolant bypass, etc), I thought my cats were bad cause i tripped the light a couple of times rode around with the light on for about 250 miles found my hypertech again cleared the code and it hast come on(was rattling for a couple hundred miles but just stopped and i'm not sure 100 percent it was the cat or something rattling, tranny shop when i was getting my shiftkit put in said it was the cat). Anyways back to the topic. At the track i trapped a very low speed for my mods (101mph 99 degree temps was told should trap about 4-6mph higher). If my shift points for the 2 into 3 shift was to high could that drastically effect my mph in the 1/4 like that. Car was shifting at over 6k think it was around 6300 and i always got scared and came off the throttle and went back in to force the shift. maf is coming out tomorrow stock is going back in also
Old 06-21-2007, 10:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think the MAF is messing up thr pressure in tran causing problem
just my .02' Johnny
Old 06-21-2007, 10:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

This is a posibility many people do not realize the MAF can affect shifts quality and timing. In fact a dirty MAF or air cleaner and or and over oiled air cleaner can cause a trans failure. There are GM TSBs on this issue.

Originally Posted by SS SLP2
Think the MAF is messing up thr pressure in tran causing problem
just my .02' Johnny

Call 888-744-6542

Search this Thread