Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans problem?

It seems like there is always something. I have a 99 t/a, and when ever i drive on the highway and I begin to go up hill, my trans never wants to shift out, and the rpms just keep reving and im not going any faster. This only happens in overdrive. Is this something that can be fixed for fairly cheap, or should I go ahead and just put in a brand new tranny. Im gonna have almost all bolt ons by the end of the summer minus pulley, just wondering what I should do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Alex
Old 06-26-2007, 03:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

How do the WOT shift like from a stop fee and how does the fluid look and smell and of course how many miles are on the car?

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-26-2007, 06:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WHat mods do you have?

g
Old 06-26-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

As of right now, I have
83000 miles
LS6 intake
ported tb
gmmg
lid
dyno tune, 320 rwhp, 333 tq
The fluid did not smell right according to my friend who has worked on other cars before. And when it shift from a dead stop or wot it shifts fine. I am considering just buy a new one all together. Any help or info would be appreciated.
-Alex
Old 06-26-2007, 09:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well though 83000 miles isnt real bad it can also depend on what kind of miles they were. But if it smells burnt I would likley consider a built unit particularly if you plan and future continuing build ups.
Frank

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-27-2007, 11:06 AM
FormerVendor

Fluid condition is very relevant in this set of symptoms. Has the unit been serviced in the past... filter and fluid? At 80k+ miles it should have been serviced at least twice. Based on what you have described I think it is only a matter of time before your unit suffers a significant failure of some sort that would leave you without a plan in place.

With your current combination, and knowing that you'll probably update the power output at sometime in the future..... I would recommend a unit that has significant upgrades to the lubrication, clutch apply and accumulation hydraulic circuits. Something in a Level 2 from most companies would suit your needs just fine I am sure. If however you do not plan to take the H/P levels up, a Level 1 unit would last years. It's all about what your future plans are!

Start saving / planning now so that you can make an informed decision and it won't be a big financial burden when you decide to make the change. Take a look at what we have to offer, all I ask is to include us in your comparison when considering who to go with!

Visit our website at www.aceracingtrans.com.

Good Luck.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for all the info. I have already prepared myself for the worst financially.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

Feel free to call me with any questions about your current unit and also any unit you choose to run in the future!

Good Luck.

g