Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny Is Dead!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Is Dead!!!!

Basically my friend had his tranny rebuilt on his 02' Z28 A4 about 5 months ago. He went to this shop in Victorville,CA. The tranny was fine all this time and jus died yesterday. He got warranty on the rebuilt but the warranty expired because he went over the miles that warranty had. The only way we can get the guy to accept the warranty is if we do an odometer swap. He got the tranny rebuilt when he had 110k. I have 111,850k on my 02' Z28 A4. So does anyone know how to do and odometer swap? And also will this work? My friend is trying to save about 2k by doing this. Thanks guys
Old 06-27-2007, 12:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Probably not the right place for this. But if he cant get it worked out and needs a trans with a real warranty give us a yell.

Call 888-744-6542

Last edited by performabuilt; 06-27-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be very careful with that Odo swap!!! There are Federal and State laws regulating that ya know! If the shop finds out about it, they would have every right to pursue your friend legally, and if proven your friend could face serious accusations!

How many miles has he gone over the warranty? Has he called the shop to ask for assistance? Has he had it diagnosed yet? Lot's of questions come to mind here.

As an example, many Major Auto Manufacturers will capitulate if a consumer asks for assistance in such a manner that makes sense. Example... " I know my warranty has expired on mileage, but it did not nearly last the time expected. Will you guys consider a policy adjustment?" If they will, then start by offering to pay for the R&R or something like that, after all your friend did drive it through the warranty... don't just walk in telling them what they will and won't do, ya'll won't get anywhere. And do not be afraid to talk to them.

My opinion is that they would work with your friend if they care about their customers and their good name. I know of companies that have had to warranty their transmissions two and three times in order to save face, preserve their good name. But that's the nature of the business I suppose. Bottom line, is if you do not ask for assistance they are surely not going to give it, and if they don't I would not do business with them.

Those are my opinions based on 1/2 the story.... Good Luck guys!

Last edited by Gilbert@Ace Racing; 06-27-2007 at 01:15 PM.