Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3-4 accumulator, which way do the pistons go in? pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 3-4 accumulator, which way do the pistons go in? pics

sorry for all the questions, i just really want to get it done right.

hopefully this is my last question. im trying to find out which way the pistons went into the casing for the 3-4 accumulator

now i think i know how the piston goes in the part that isnt connected to the housing, correct me if im wrong on it

heres how i have the piston in the seperate piece, springs are inside of it-also the metal sheet, i think it has the same pattern as if the piston was in the way i have it

now heres the one im a little confused on, i cant seem to find on the metal sheet which way the casing piston goes in

just wondering if i could get a professional opinion on it, i put the piston in the case like this w/ spring uder it

but now i think i see a light pattern of 3 teeth on the metal, as if the piston is suppose to be the other way. if it is suppose to be the other way, do i put the spring under the piston or on the outside of the casing

sorry for the novel like question!

any help would be awesome! thanks
Old 06-28-2007, 02:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I install mine spring in first then the piston just like you have it there in the last picture

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
sorry for all the questions, i just really want to get it done right.

hopefully this is my last question. im trying to find out which way the pistons went into the casing for the 3-4 accumulator

now i think i know how the piston goes in the part that isnt connected to the housing, correct me if im wrong on it

heres how i have the piston in the seperate piece, springs are inside of it-also the metal sheet, i think it has the same pattern as if the piston was in the way i have it

now heres the one im a little confused on, i cant seem to find on the metal sheet which way the casing piston goes in

just wondering if i could get a professional opinion on it, i put the piston in the case like this w/ spring uder it

but now i think i see a light pattern of 3 teeth on the metal, as if the piston is suppose to be the other way. if it is suppose to be the other way, do i put the spring under the piston or on the outside of the casing

sorry for the novel like question!

any help would be awesome! thanks

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-28-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the one in the seprate housing is the 1-2 accum it goes in piston first the other can go either way spring first will eliminate the 3-4 accum put it in piston first it will have accum either way is ok
Old 06-28-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by performabuilt
I install mine spring in first then the piston just like you have it there in the last picture

ok so i should be fine running like how i have it now (last pic). the guy in the technical video made it seem like ITS HAS to go in the way it came out
Old 06-28-2007, 02:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

No the way you have it n the last pic will work well and limit 3-4 accumulation making for a firmer 3-4 shift. It will feel nice

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-28-2007, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

ive installed them both ways. just make sure you dont mix up the springs.

i believe alot of the kits have you put the 1-2, and the 3-4 in like you have them.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Predator T/A
the one in the seprate housing is the 1-2 accum it goes in piston first the other can go either way spring first will eliminate the 3-4 accum put it in piston first it will have accum either way is ok
really? with the 1-2 ive pulled apart cores from GM that they replaced under warranty and they were with the springs in first.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the superior shift kit says to put them in piston first on the 1-2 for all models i like the head banging shift and yes i have taken them apart where the piston is last against the sep plate