Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can the ABS Affect Tranny?

Old 07-06-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can the ABS Affect Tranny?

My question is this can the ABS affect the transmission? My ABS INOP light is on and it was because i had the aftermarket SS spoiler so i put the stock Z28 spoiler back on and changed the bulbs and its all working and i disconnected the battery to clear the codes and the ABS INOP light is still on. Will it affect the transmission in any way with the ABS being INOP? please help just had tranny rebuilt and i dont want to mess the new one up.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 94CamaroZ28SS
My question is this can the ABS affect the transmission? My ABS INOP light is on and it was because i had the aftermarket SS spoiler so i put the stock Z28 spoiler back on and changed the bulbs and its all working and i disconnected the battery to clear the codes and the ABS INOP light is still on. Will it affect the transmission in any way with the ABS being INOP? please help just had tranny rebuilt and i dont want to mess the new one up.
No that should not in any way affect the transmission... is it symptomatic?

g
Old 07-07-2007, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright thanks just wanted to make sure.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

I haven't experienced it on an application such as yours, but I have experienced a late model cadillac having a bad wheel sensor/bearing that had the abs/traction ctrl lamps on, which made the car start off in 2nd.

Search this Thread