Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transgo shift kit HD2

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default transgo shift kit HD2

how hard is it to install one of these shift kits? Does the tranny have to be out to install the entire kit?
Old 07-16-2007, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have no transmission experience it may be a chore ! There are some items and recomendations that it has to be out and dissasembled to install . The marketing from Transgo to the retail end as opposed to the professional shops is different .Ihave heard of a DVD that some people have discussed on this forum . If you want you can give me a call and I can give you a few pointers on your install ! John
Old 07-19-2007, 11:20 AM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

If you have the Pro version, it comes with HD springs that go in the input drum, and yes, this requires transmission removal. You can pass on this step if you want, as this HD spring kit is not offered in the retail version. Do not modify the manual valve as per instructions, as GM solved this problem back in late 1995. I would not add any spacers to the 2nd gear accumulator, as this only firms up part throttle and does nothing for longevity. You can replace the plastic accumulator pistons with aluminum. If there is a lot of miles here, you might find that you will need to replace the separator plate, (TransGo carries these) as the steel check ***** have a tendency to ruin certain holes on the separator plate. I replace all of the check ***** with Torlon checkballs, as these will not ruin the Separator plate. This kit can be modified to suit your particular setup, let me know if I can be of help?