Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help me Trans problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help me Trans problem

so heres the situation, its a 99 ss a4 with about 80,000 miles. When i put it in gear it "kicks" hard SOMTIMES. i would drive it and let off on it when it was about to go to the next gear because the 1-2 kick(it could make my tires chirp if i would go fast enough). I got the tranny fluid/filter changed about 200 or so miles ago. I put the dexron III and lucas in it (didnt get the torque converter flushed). I was driving and got it about 1/2 throttle. When i was going it would still continue to shift firm through out all gears. So i tried to put cruise cont. on and it just kept revving and shifted into second and never went into drive or od. What do you think it is? It hasnt been tuned that i know of by a programer. please let me know more or less how much it should cost to get it fixed or get a new 4l60e. I dont race it so im staying away from the different "built stage trannys". Your help is appreciated
Old 07-29-2007, 12:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Unfortunalty it sounds like you have a 3-4 clutch failure , Comon with non "built" trans, You will likley need to replace the trans

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-29-2007, 01:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you would be better off to get a built stage tranny in the long run
Old 07-29-2007, 04:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like there is an internal failure... probably the 3/4 clutches as mentioned previously.

There are quite a few tranny builders out there who know there stuff, but the 4L60E is a bit of a different animal. Even a stock tranny could well benefit from minor updates and upgrades to the internal rotating assemblies.... changes that will ensure longevity in the unit.

Give me call tomorrow and I will help you explore your options.

g