Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets Try Agian....th350/LSX swap ??'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets Try Agian....th350/LSX swap ??'s

Ok i posted this a while back and got 0 feedback...so im gona try agian!

I have a Lq4 6.0 im mating w/ a th350.....And i need to know..

I have the 6.0 flexplate w/ the 1.5" spacer already..... But can i bolt a SBC style converter up to this? I read somewhere a while back that you can do this?

Im not looking to spend 500+ on a special built one so i NEED to know, will the old school converters bolt up to the lsx fp?

Thanks....
Old 08-08-2007, 07:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does the flexplate have the two different convertor patterns? If it does, then the convertor should bolt up. You will probably need a spacer for the convertor snout, like the one made by Hughes. The snout on the convertor for the SBC is about .400 shorter than one for an LS Series engine.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
Does the flexplate have the two different convertor patterns? If it does, then the convertor should bolt up. You will probably need a spacer for the convertor snout, like the one made by Hughes. The snout on the convertor for the SBC is about .400 shorter than one for an LS Series engine.

I dont think so but ill have to look....You wouldnt happen to have the Part # for the one w/ the dual pattern? Ill post mine up and dig to see if i can find the difference.

Do you know the part # of the snout also?

Thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

I want to know the same thing. Im goin to use a 700r4 in dads car, (02 TA) and I already have a badass 9" 3800 stall sitting around Id like to use. I know it has the dual bolt patter on the torque convertor. am wondering if the TCI flexplate alot of people are using has the SBC pattern in it or not? or if the larger pattern thats also on the back of the converter will work on a stock LS1 flexplate?

what is the snout your talking about? got any pics? how much are those?

chris
Old 08-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Teching In

Apperantly ls1tech folk dont feel like helpin us out!

Please ppl it takes less than 5 mins to post a response.

Why dont the lsx/th350 people that have already done it POST UP!

Please, i need to get this swap done!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:56 PM
11 Second Club

The TCI flexplate has both old school bolt pattern and new LSx bolt pattern. The "snout" they are talking about is the part that goes through the flexplate, on a SBC converter they are .400" shorter than the LSx.

I don't know the part numbers for the 98 flexplate because I used the TCI...I know I've seen it around in here before though, I don't know if the search works now or not...
Old 08-09-2007, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

you mean the snout on the convertor that goes into/onto the crank to center it? so hughes makes an adapter "bushing" that would sandwich between my SBC stall convertor and the TCI flexplate?

if all thats the case, then sweet. old man's gotta buy a flexplate, bolts, crossmember, and shifter then. oh, and a manual valvebody for the 700r4. thats it cause lucky for him I got the rest.

chris