Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 shifter mounting on M6 swap?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A4 shifter mounting on M6 swap?

I tried to search but nothing came up. How are you guys mounting your A4 shifter assembly in a car that used to be an M6?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:10 PM
11 Second Club

you gotta make a plate to cover the bigol hole in teh floor. that plate will be perfect fo mounting your new shifter. just do all that before the trans goes in so you can have access to the bottom of the trans tunnel for through bolts/nuts.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:03 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irocss85
you gotta make a plate to cover the bigol hole in teh floor. that plate will be perfect fo mounting your new shifter. just do all that before the trans goes in so you can have access to the bottom of the trans tunnel for through bolts/nuts.
Cool, I didnt know because the factory shifter set on another plate on top of the actual tunnel.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Banned

i know i kind of puss'd out with this one (i couldn't find a plate and didn't want to have the car down for any longer than absolutely necessary). the closest thing i found was really thin sheetmetal, i used self tapping screws and a lot of silicone to seal up the hole, but then i just used another bigger self tapping screw to bolt the very front of the shifter bracket to the body. if you lay the shifter into place over the M6 trans tunnel, you will see where i'm talking about. i used the back two holes to bolt the back to the tunnel. worked out well.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Banned

I did a A4 to M6 swap and cut a lot of important looking **** out.
I've thought about swapping back, if I do I'm going to the junkyard with a battery powered sawzall and cut a chunk of the tunnel out of another car.