Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High HP A4 Guys...

Old 08-21-2007, 02:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default High HP A4 Guys...

I have a project that I am in the middle of with a 3rd Gen and I was leaning toward a TH400 or Powerglide behind an LSX but I would really love to have an overdrive. I am trying to weigh the Pro's and Con's of each, but really have never owned anything with an A4 to compare it to. The target is 600rwhp N/A, and I'll spray it from time to time. What company's are out there that make good A4's that I could talk to? What's your opinion on the A4 you have now? I am assuming this trans can be made full manual reverse valvebody, but I also know it is computer controlled. Is it done mechanically or is the shifting completely computer controlled, or can it even be changed? I am having a custom harness made by Jeff @ Fuel Injection Specialties that will be plug and play with my Camaro controlled by an LS1 computer so I can use it to control my A4 if I decide to go that route. Give me your opinion... Thanks...
Old 08-21-2007, 04:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, before you have that harness made it would be best to decide which A4 you would run!

Be sure to look into the 4L80E. It is a very, very strong transmission. It is the electronic overdrive version of the TH400.

Feel free to call me with any questions regarding this build. I'll be happy to give you unbiased information to use in your quest for the right combination for your car.

g
Old 08-21-2007, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya cant go wrong with a RPM Level 5 4L60E. The 4L80E is exelent also but is a lot larger and weighs alot more. I love my trans!! Check it out: non-sponsor.com

Search this Thread