Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Install Converter HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Install Converter HELP!

I know nothing about installing converters and I just ordered a 3400 fuddle and I was trying to save 300 dollars. How hard is it? Should I just pay somebody to do it? I have a guide with pictures but I just dont know much about it...anybody done there own?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done my own. Can't really answer any of the other questions unless I knew you personally. A lot of people seem to screw the pumps up by not getting the converter fully into the trans.
Also if your future mods include a transgo shift kit, have the internal parts put in while the trans is out, most people skip that step also. Might as well put in a beast sunshell and new 3-4 clutches while you're in there.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:53 AM
12 Second Club

Make sure converter is in all the way...its not too hard
Old 08-29-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

if youve never done a tranny pull id suggest getting some help form some1 that has

its not hard at all but there are tricks here n there that will help w/ the removal and reassebly. and its doable alone vut extra hands never hurt
Old 08-29-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Resident

It is a big job and can be somewhat daunting if you never worked on a car before.. There is write-up floating around here that will give you step by step instrucions.. You will need 4 heay duty jack stands, multiple extenstions ans swivels.. Also need a trany jack.. If you have no tools you will have to buy them all ( or borrow if you know someone ) .. If you do but them it could be close to the amount youd pay to have someone do it. The real advantage though is you can the knowledge on how to do which has alot of value..

If you decide to do it your self make sure that sucker is fully seated in the pump.. Double check, triple check and measure!!
Old 08-29-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have just never worked on a transmission before , I have the write up, all the tools , lift or jack stands to work with, I just dont want to mess one little thing up and screw my tranny
Old 08-29-2007, 04:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
I've done my own. Can't really answer any of the other questions unless I knew you personally. A lot of people seem to screw the pumps up by not getting the converter fully into the trans.
Also if your future mods include a transgo shift kit, have the internal parts put in while the trans is out, most people skip that step also. Might as well put in a beast sunshell and new 3-4 clutches while you're in there.
What is a beast sunshell, and where do you get them? Also what 3-4 clutches are recommended? Also where do you get em? Im gonna be putting a 3400 fuddle in my car as well.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Banned

Do a search or click on a sponsor link.