Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converter Wont lock after Manual Valvebody

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Converter Wont lock after Manual Valvebody

Ok So a while back I had my trans rebuilt and I also had a custom 4500 stall built from TCI another change was I went with the Manual valve body kit from Transgo called the HD3 kit. Ever since my converter will NOT lock up so I pulled the tranny had the converter seny back they opened it up said everything was fine. Next step I took it in so see if it was a tuning issue, today when they tried to manually lock it using the computer on the dyno it wouldnt lock. The only thing different with this valve body is the shift silinoids are not hooked up because there not used. Anyone have any ideas why it wont lock? Its not the converter or the tune.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:41 PM
10 Second Club

check power to the trans the computer grounds the solenoid,, and make sure you are not setting any trans codes, you must have them tuned out of the pcm to keep it happy,,

if this doesnt work your best bet would be a tcc lock up kit for a 700/200 type trans that locks the converter based on speed?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

You would need to have the converter clutch solenoid hooked up. If its not allready done you would need the converter clutch regulator valve fixed in place in the valve body also. I am not sure how the PCM would control the lockup minus the other solenoids and presure manifold sensor. I would think you would need some sort of aftermarlt lockup control like you would get for a 700r4 in a retro fit or just use a switch.
You can speak to tuner guys about wether its possible for the PCM to control lockup absent the other trans controls. It may be possible but I wouldnt think so since unless some major programing was done the PCM would be in perpetual limp mode for the trans and would be unable to control anything.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-18-2007, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

well it was throwing codes for the shift silinoids but they were taken out today, we tried a manual lockup switch, that didnt work so like I said today tuner tried to lock it onthe dyno using the computer but didnt work, what is this lockup kit mentioned I'm still learning about all this trans stuff.....