Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

non pwm tranny in a pwm car

Old 10-23-2007, 04:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default non pwm tranny in a pwm car

hey guys i have a 95 trans am that had a pwm 4l60e in it that went TU. a buddy of mine had a 94 non pwm tranny sittin in his garage that he gave me well since i put that tranny in there it too has gone down the dumps i have an opportunity to get this 94 non pwm tranny built with some good parts for cheap (local friend) but he was tellin me that if i do this that the computer wont really recongnize the tranny and it will just end up burning itself up in the matter of miles. i dont want to put money in this thing just for it to grenade again so if you guys could help with this dilema that would be great. i guess the question that im getting to is can i do anything to this tranny so that it wont get smoked when i install it? performabuilt told me before to do something with the valve body and thats all i would have to do but i guess i deleted his pms as i cant find them so please guys i want my bird back up and running and you guys have always helped me out so please do what you can to help me get back on the road thanks guys
jason
Old 10-23-2007, 05:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Switch the trans internal harness from your old trans and the PWM solenoid the one missing in the earlier unit to the earlier unit and it will work fine the solenoid will simply serve as a dummy to fool the PCM

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-23-2007, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well thanks for the quick reply i appreciate it i dont have my old tranny no more but ill get some prices on those things that i need thanks again for the quick reply
Old 10-23-2007, 10:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Another solution would be to put a resitor in the cars harness that way you wouldnt have to open the trans and you couldget resistor at radio shack for a couple dollars

Call 888-744-6542

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: non pwm tranny in a pwm car