Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Urgent help

Old 12-09-2007, 06:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default check ball

Today I pulled the pan and valve body because I was getting some slippage at part throttle body even after tuning.

Pulled the valve body to check the check *****. There was a ball not in the right place. The one that sits with another check ball. I realigned it and then tested the car. It's much better now with minimal slippage and it's getting less and less with tuning.

When I pulled the pan there was some shavings like I have driven the car for 30K miles but it's only 3K miles! but the oil was pretty red. Do you think the trans is widely harmed? I guess the check ball problem gave the clutched less oil. My transmission never got temperature more than 185F.

Wanted to share my experience to benifit.

Thanks
Old 12-09-2007, 09:53 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by muayyadf1
Today I pulled the pan and valve body because I was getting some slippage at part throttle body even after tuning.

Pulled the valve body to check the check *****. There was a ball not in the right place. The one that sits with another check ball. I realigned it and then tested the car. It's much better now with minimal slippage and it's getting less and less with tuning.

When I pulled the pan there was some shavings like I have driven the car for 30K miles but it's only 3K miles! but the oil was pretty red. Do you think the trans is widely harmed? I guess the check ball problem gave the clutched less oil. My transmission never got temperature more than 185F.

Wanted to share my experience to benifit.

Thanks
If the trans spent much time slipping at all and you have material in the pan, It is likly substaintial damage has been done

Call 888-744-6542

Search this Thread