Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed fluid/filter in my performabuilt

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Changed fluid/filter in my performabuilt

Figured it was time to freshen up some of the fluid and put a new filter in my performabuilt lvl 2 yesterday. 1st off the tranny and my yank pt4000 converter has seen some hard street abuse this summer. Not a THING in the bottom of the pan and fluid looked great so im happy about that. One thing I didnt like and I dont know if anyone else has experienced this but the drain plug in the bottom of the pan seemed to be made of some really soft material. The socket just tore it up. I had the right size on there I cant remember off the top of my head. Also the hump in the pan where the plug is setup if you were able to drain the fluid it appeared there would still be atleast 2 1/2 quarts of fluid in the pan which could make a big mess if you thought all the fluid was out of the pan when you unbolt it. Other than that im happy
Old 11-01-2007, 05:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for posting about it, its nice to hear this when a customer is happy.
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 11-01-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
Figured it was time to freshen up some of the fluid and put a new filter in my performabuilt lvl 2 yesterday. 1st off the tranny and my yank pt4000 converter has seen some hard street abuse this summer. Not a THING in the bottom of the pan and fluid looked great so im happy about that. One thing I didnt like and I dont know if anyone else has experienced this but the drain plug in the bottom of the pan seemed to be made of some really soft material. The socket just tore it up. I had the right size on there I cant remember off the top of my head. Also the hump in the pan where the plug is setup if you were able to drain the fluid it appeared there would still be atleast 2 1/2 quarts of fluid in the pan which could make a big mess if you thought all the fluid was out of the pan when you unbolt it. Other than that im happy
you are a lucky guy!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 12:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I am glad to hear that and you are a lucky guy having a performabuilt .As for the pan factory deep pan have no idea what was on GMs mind I agree strange idea

Call 888-744-6542

Quick Reply: Changed fluid/filter in my performabuilt