Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rev limiter issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rev limiter issues

Hi,
I have a RPM rebuilt 4L60E Level 5 trany in my 98 ss. Its their best one and they came highly recommended. My question is with my heads and cam package on my stock LS1 block everything was going fine. Now I have a 408 iron block with a way bigger cam, now I am having problems at the track with the rev limiter at the shift point of 6400 RPM. Now here is the issue. When the car is one the street and I step on it in first going about 15 mph then it shifts and runs like a bat out of hell, I mean it is fast as ****. However, when I go to the track, and stall the car to about 2600 before I get the green light, my car always hits the rev limiter from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Killing my 1/8 mile time. This car is a low 7 in the 1/8 and low 11 in the 1/4 but my best time thus far is 7.66 with the damn thing hitting the rev limiter. Thats how I know this car can move, running like **** it still runs a 7.66. My stall is a TCI 3500, I have tried flashing it from the line but it gums up and won't even ruin right. Please some one get me there input, this is so frustrating.
Thanks
Old 11-03-2007, 12:08 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well really sounds like you have two issue the "guming" up may be a running issue however when you increase power you also increase the rat at which the RPM climb . The time it takes to the trans to make the shift at WOT is a fixed span. So where with your previous set up you may have allowed enough distance between the dirsired shift rpm and the rev limiter you may need a little more now, I would either lower the shift points a little or raise the rev limiter, A comon cause of this is having them to close. While you may comand the shift at 6400 it may take as much as 400 rpm to actually complete the shift even with a built trans. RPM is a good company and I sure they will assist you if needed but this sounds like a tuning issue to me

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-03-2007, 09:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can get me your .bin file I may be able to help. I can open EFILive files, and one or two others. I belive it is smart to take a look there 1st. Take a good long look at the fluid condition as well. Don't let it hang out there on the rev limiter too many times either.

g
Old 11-03-2007, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks

thanks guys, I'll try that, hey man let me know your e-mail so I can get you my bin file. One thing though, what do yall think about the car nonperforming on the track and performing great on the street, or off the roll? Let me know if it sounds like a loose converter.