Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do i adjust the line pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i adjust the line pressure?

I just got the new tranny put in, and it works good, when its cold. When it warms up, the tranny gets stuck in 2nd, and wont shift. I got it scanned at a tranny shop and they said its all a pressure problem. Now i DONT have an electronic tuner. The tranny guy told me to drop the pan, and there is a screw, or valve or something that i need to adjust. Can anyone explain to me what to look for. Pics would help, but are not mandatory.

Thank you guys!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Presure would not cause the trans to get stuck in second but it does sound like your in limp mode third. This happens when a fault is set with the PCM Did theyvscan it for codes and give any numbers? Since it happens only after warm I would bet on a lockup issue but thats just a guess without more information, But I can tell you ajusting that screw will not solve the issue.Try to get the car scanned at like auto zone and get the code numbers if any are present .

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-09-2007, 06:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If this is a 4L60E the line pressure is adjustable by rotating a screw at the back of the Electronic Pressure Control solenoid. However, I higly recommend that you do not do this yourself. The reason is the guys who built the unit need to address this issue for you. The policy at most every shop I know of is to VOID the warranty if the unit has been tampered with.

My recommendation would be to seek assistance through the folks who built it. Have you spoken to them yet?

g
Old 11-09-2007, 09:18 PM
12 Second Club

Yes i did asked him. He does not have the pressure gage, or whatever it is to find out where to put it, so he told me to take it to this shop called cottmans. I just figured i could do it myself because i didnt want to pay someone 100 to turn a screw. But if it is that vital to were i can screw something up so easily maybe i should. The guy who scanned my car, his name is gail, and i was not pressent. I work durring all hours any shop is open, 8-5. sooo....my step dad took it for me. He told me that gail said all the problems were related to pressure. He said that since it had a 3500 stall on it before, the shop that put the stall converter on probably cranked up the pressure to accomidate the converter. I took the converter off and now have a 2250. Another reason why is because the tires break loose in 2nd and 3rd under normal driving because it shifts so hard. Gail told me i should replace the whole EPC valve as opposed to adjusting it myself. The guy who build my tranny told me to take it to cottmans.

I took it to autozone and oriellys and neither one of their scanners would work because my cigerette lighter fuse is blown and since it relys on that for power it cant scan the codes.

I also heard something mentioned about a lockup seliniod or something....whats the deal with that?
Old 11-09-2007, 09:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

You need to fix you lighter socket and go back and get it scanned before you do anything otherwise your running in the dark . Trust me .

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-09-2007, 09:29 PM
FormerVendor

I would agree with replacing the EPC entirely before making modifications.

g
Old 11-12-2007, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

So this is where today stands. I got the EPC valve. Gail, at the tranny shop that scanned my car told me that he had never seen an ajustable EPC like the one that was on mine. So now i have the OE EPC valve. I picked it up for 70 bucks. I got it at a place called Steves tranny shop. Steve said that he thinks there is a chance that the EPC wont fix the getting stuck in 2nd deal, even though thats what the scanner said.

One problem i noticed is that i have NO TCS it remains off and cannot be turned back on after the swap. Sooo the guy that build my tranny told me that i probably just forgot to plug it back in on the rear end??? Is this a true possibility, or is it possible that the guy didnt put the TCS back on the tranny or what? In other words, where does the TCS hook up at?

Last problem. I have noticed alot of clanking, banging, bumping, grinding noises since the install, expecially when i turn right. Anyone have any suggestions of what that might be?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Sounds like you need to have a shop look over your car, A different shop. I could tell you all sorts of things to check but from the sound of it you really need a pro to look at it first hand on sight .

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-12-2007, 10:59 PM
12 Second Club

Gail did, he drove it around the block, hooked it up to a scanner and all. He is in his 60's and been doing trannys his whole life. Steve is the only other option around here, he is younger and hasnt been doing trannys as long. The guy who build mine is only 24 and he has been building trannys for about 8 years is what he told me. He said his dad owned amtap in springfeild, missouri, and that he worked there for a while doing it. But thats all my options around here. Gail, Steve, and the guy helping me (Kevin)
Old 11-12-2007, 11:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

What were the actual code numbers gotten with the scanner ?

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-13-2007, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

i dono i wasnt present. My step father took it for me, i work all buisness hours for normal shops.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:14 PM
FormerVendor

Did anyone write them down for future review maybe ?

g
Old 11-13-2007, 10:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 94lt1m6
i dono i wasnt present. My step father took it for me, i work all buisness hours for normal shops.
without the code numbers it is very difficult for any of us to help you . Please try and find them out.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-14-2007, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

Ok i will, i will get a fuse today and put it in and get it scanned.

I put the new EPC in last night, and it changed nothing.