Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car wont go!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy car wont go!!

hey everyone i have a rock on trans and 3200 vigilante..i havent had any problems with the set up till last night ..i was going about 30mph..and got on it then i heard a clunk sound and i hit the rev limiter..after that the car wont go at all. i mean in reverse,1,2,d it just revs up like its in neutral or park...any ideas guys,...converter?? hopefully some one can help
Old 11-10-2007, 12:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

It would be hard to say exactly what it is , But a good first test would be to remove a cooler line and check for pump flow . start engine with it in a bucket and see if fluild comes out, But anyway way you look at it your gonna need to remove for repair or replacement.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-10-2007, 12:22 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely sounds like an internal transmission failure. Broken pump, input shaft/drum, output shaft or rear planet would be my guess.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It definately sounds as if it broke an internal hard part... anything shy of removal and disassembly for inspection is going to be adding time to getting it running again!

I have been into several of Dave's units since we are relatively close to Denton. If you are in the D/FW or North Texas area give me a call. I would bet we could get you fixed up pretty easily.

1. If it is simply a matter of a broken hard part then there is no need for a complete replacement. Only after a complete teardown would we know for sure though.

2. We have a very good sale on a transmission that you would find has very similar manners to Rock-On's unit. They did not do much different than we are internally.

Hope that helps.

g