Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Th350 build

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Th350 build

I am looking to get my TH350 Transmission rebuilt to handle all the power I have before I install it. What needs to be done to handle around 600-650hp? I would like specifics if possible. I know I want a RMVB(full manual), I am considering doing the build myself for the experience. So I need to know what rebuild kit would be prefered, best valve body, and any upgraded internals that would be a must. Converter will be an 8" ATI, spec'd by them. Also, I have heard many talk about whether or not their trannies have engine braking in certain gears, from my understanding i believe this is called "band apply", correct me if i am wrong. Should I be looking to remove the engine braking from certain gears and how is this done? Any vendor that would be interested in doing the build for me feel free to PM with a price and what they would recomend...
Old 11-27-2007, 09:03 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Feel free to Give Chuck or myself a call tomorrow. We have built plenty of bad *** TH350 units. Vince
Old 11-27-2007, 11:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep Vince knows his stuff. No doubt about it. Damned fine outfit he and Chuck operate up there in the windy city.

Between our builder John and myself we have over 50 years of experience in the industry. I would be happy to discuss this build with you as well.

The problem with shooting you a price is we do not build "cookie cutter" transmissions. Meaning each and every unit we build is tailor made to the specs we determined during our discussions with our customers. Those specs will depend on many things... gear ratio, power adders, intended use, vehicle weight engine power output and so on.

Give me a call and we can kick it around.

g
Old 11-29-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My schedule is tough to find time during normal business hours, I will send a PM to each of you.