Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok Its Not A Electrical Problem!!!

Old 12-15-2007, 01:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok Its Not A Electrical Problem!!!

hello i have posted many of times about my 4l60e and its problems. After burning up my 1st trans in 2 days and another in les than a hour im starting to belive it may be one of my trans coolers, since i have a police package i have also have a external cooler as well as one in the radiator. but early next month i will tear my trans down and rebuild it agian for the 2nd time. but does anyone have any tests so i can see if i have a restricted cooler??? when i put my 1st trans in i blew compressed air through it but that trans still lasted only 2 days!!! Also i replaced my computer thinking that it was not making my trans shift
thanks in advance
mike
Old 12-15-2007, 03:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is it maybe the guy building the trans? Or a bad converter?
Old 12-15-2007, 04:10 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What failures have you beeen having? The reason I ask is because if you believe it is cooler related, you should have signs of lube failures. Vince
Old 12-15-2007, 09:44 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...2795&highlight=
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...2795&highlight=
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...6248&highlight=
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...5130&highlight=
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...3215&highlight=

A little history help for the gentleman

Personally I would suggest first you consider geting a trans from one of us sponsors. Then if you still have a shifting problem it will be much easier for us to take you through diagnostics.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 12-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Teching In

ok lets say i do order a trans from you all what happens if i am driving home and i burn the trans up again?? would you take back the trans and send me another free of charge??? this is what i need to know so i can stop trouble shooting!!!

mike
Old 12-16-2007, 07:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Well the first thing is to get you a working trans that we know is ok . There are only a couple pcm related things that could cause a failure, Its really simple you get a trans you get it installed then you drive it, Then if you set limp mode which I think is what you have been setting then driving an eventually resulting in 3-4 clutch failure. Instead of driving till that occurs we figure out what causing it and dont drive till we do. Generally if you do set limp mode and have and exstended drive home though it uses more gas I suggest you place he trans in manual second which is friction wise much stronger and drive slowly home, Reguardless of what your problem is we will help you solve it, As for the coolers I doubt thats your problem but we do send you a new one plus a can of flush for the others to clear them and or check for restriction, The big problem right now is where to look , Is it a trans issues or a car issue. Having the trans been tested and known good would go a long way in making that decision. As for warranty we allways follow warranty policy reguardless of the faiure reason, The only warranty we have ever refused to date was a trans sent to us full of anti freeze. (RADIATOR COOLER TO TRANS LEAK, PEPTO BISMOL)
For now I would say lets get you a good trans, Then lets see if we need to do anything else take it one step at a time.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 12-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Teching In

alright i see what your saying i will start saving upthe money to grab a trans from u all... thanks
mike
Old 12-17-2007, 08:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

You welcome, You might want to consider since you dont have all the money right now taking advanatage of our 10% off sale by going ahead and putting the trans on layway save a little mony when you are ready to buy that way .
thanks

Call 888-744-6542

Search this Thread