Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

servo vs. shift kit

Old 01-27-2008, 10:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default servo vs. shift kit

So my camaro is kinda at a sit still now so instead of dumping all my money into it i want to make my DD a little fun to drive. I got my line pressure bumped up but i think too high cause my shifting is messed up a little. So im having it re-tuned but the trans in my truck (4l60 i think, its in a '05 colorado 4x4) is sloppy as ****!! It feels like some crap outta a '65 caddy! So i need to make the shifts firmer. Whats the difference between changing out the servo and putting a actual shift kit in? And whats the job like between the two? Theres a guy on the colorado board with a tci servo and he said it chirps 2nd all the time. Whats the deal with thoes?

Hey Vince, what servo do i have in my trans?
Old 01-27-2008, 10:58 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the race car you have a vette servo with a transgo hd-2 kit. I would recommend a similar combo for the Colorado just a little custom set of directions for the separator plate. I think I know a guy that can hook you up. Maybe come by this week with Dennis when he gets his trans and we can talk it over. If not give me a call. Vince
Old 01-27-2008, 11:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Well whats the install like on both of these? I know the shift kits look a little involved and intimidating.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:14 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The servo is pretty simple. The shift kit is not as easy. Some guy's do it with out a problem and others just don't get it. Like I said give me a call and we can go over it. Vince
Old 01-27-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Cool Vince, hopefully i get there with Dennis and you can just show me a thing or two!!

Search this Thread