Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80E-HD2-D Shift kit firmness

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 06:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L80E-HD2-D Shift kit firmness

Had a few question if anyone could help me out. Car is a daily driver with a twin turbo.. I dont mind hard shifts but dont want to really overdo it if I dont have to..

On step two I have the option of 2 blue accum springs or the big one or small one by itself. Whats recommended?

Step 6 holes A,B,C need to be drilled on transgo plate to .076 soft/.086 avg./.096 firm./.120 offroad/high stall

I have a vig multidisc converter.. Kinda hoping some of the pro builder can help me out here.. Should I do the .120?

Also in the pack that the items used on page 6 come out of there is larger and smaller washer.. I see that the smaller washer goes on the boost valve... I do not see anywhere the larger washer goes..

thanks for the info.. tried searching but there isnt much on these 4l80's yet..

ps. any good tips anyone wants to add would be great.. I know you builders cant give away all your secrets tho..
Old 02-02-2008, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

any installed a shift kit yet?
Old 02-02-2008, 08:17 PM
11 Second Club

No help from the professional builders at all?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive done a b&m and trans go shift kit in my buddies car and mine, and i also had that same dilemma, they had a "firm" setup and then the "harsh/heavy duty" one. I thought about it and said screw it go big or go home and was surprised to see that it wasnt as harsh as i thought it would be. On very few occasions depending on the road the real harsh setup would chirp going into second if you would rev first gear slowly to about 4000 and click it into second all of a sudden. It is kinda harsh if you want to maintain a smooth daily driver but it was no big deal for me really, just gotta keep your foot out of the throttle when it shifts into second. If you are turning for example from a red light and the car goes into second in the middle of the turn, the tires most probably will chirp and if their is gravel or the road is wet or bumpy the rear end might slide out a hair but its not a omg out of control i jus did a donut in traffic kinda thing. LoL dont mind me and my crazy explanations but thats the best i could describe my experience with the B&M and the Transgo kits...i say go for the harsh one it will shift alot faster and crisper at full throttle but you will learn to "baby" it at slow speeds
Old 02-06-2008, 12:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

send a PM to Vince@FLT ----->> sponsor
Old 02-06-2008, 04:29 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiger2o69
Had a few question if anyone could help me out. Car is a daily driver with a twin turbo.. I dont mind hard shifts but dont want to really overdo it if I dont have to..

On step two I have the option of 2 blue accum springs or the big one or small one by itself. Whats recommended?

Step 6 holes A,B,C need to be drilled on transgo plate to .076 soft/.086 avg./.096 firm./.120 offroad/high stall

I have a vig multidisc converter.. Kinda hoping some of the pro builder can help me out here.. Should I do the .120?

Also in the pack that the items used on page 6 come out of there is larger and smaller washer.. I see that the smaller washer goes on the boost valve... I do not see anywhere the larger washer goes..

thanks for the info.. tried searching but there isnt much on these 4l80's yet..

ps. any good tips anyone wants to add would be great.. I know you builders cant give away all your secrets tho..
I know that I answered your pm a few days back. You did not ask about the large washer. The washer is to be installed on top of the boost valve sleeve. It works as to support for the pressure regulator spring supplied in the kit. You will see a very similar setup when you remove the original one. Good luck with the install. Vince

Originally Posted by Tootall
send a PM to Vince@FLT ----->> sponsor
Good advise tootall. However he had already done so.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
11 Second Club

yes.. thanks for the help vince.. I though the small washer was to be used but it ended up being the large one. The directions dont say anything about the small one lol...
Old 02-06-2008, 04:43 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a small gold washer that they have you use on the supplied forth clutch screw. I do not use the screw from transgo as I really do not have an issue with the OEM one that comes in the overhaul kit. I would discard it. There is one other gold shim/spacer that they supply. It is used only on the early design pressure regulator valve. Vince

Quick Reply: 4L80E-HD2-D Shift kit firmness