Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a stall? You need a trans temp gauge!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a stall? You need a trans temp gauge!

It is pretty inevitable that you WILL have a problem with your tranny, especially if you put a stall in. Knowing your operating temperature of your tranny is a VERY good piece of information to have. Well, I sold my camaro before I had the chace to hook up the trans temp gauge. It is a very recent addition to the autometer lineup that goes from 0 - 300 degrees. I also have an autometer carbon fiber mounting cup and bracket, so you don't have to get a new a pillar pod. Here is a link to the gauge...

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...-1&showValue=1

and here is a link to the carbon fiber mounting cup...

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...-1&showValue=1

Jegs sells these at $89.99 for the gauge, and $41.99 for the cup, + $11.99 handling charges which will come to a grand total of $143.97. Mine are brand new, never used. Autometer is a very good and trusted namebrand in gauges.I ended up getting a 6 speed vehicle in place of it and have absolutly no use for it. I figured I would try and help someone out who might need something like this.

I just know I had a few problems with mine and I always wanted to know what the temperature of my tranny was at so I could tell if I had adequite cooling or not, instead of just guessing my cooler was working enough.

Anyways brand new it set me back over $150.00 with shipping, handling, taxes etc.

Since it is still brand new I am letting it go for $125.00 shipped.
It is a very nice, and very useful gauge to own if you have a stall. Even if you don't have a stall, it is still a good thing to have. Let me know if you guys are interested. pm me or call @ (281)467-2378. thanks guys!
Old 02-16-2008, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Hmm... no one?? It's brand new guys!! And, it comes with everything you need to hook it up besides the labor. I know a lot of you are running your stall with no gauge.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Banned

Try the for sale section, most people looking to buy stuff don't come to forums other than regional or for sale.