Register Forgot Password?
Search

Automatic Transmission
4L60E | 4L80E | TH350 | TH400 | TH2004R | Powerglide | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by
PerformaBuilt Transmissions

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 02-14-2008, 11:33 PM   #1
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Default Did I Hook Up The Trans Cooler Correctly ??

Did I Hook Up The A/m Transcooler Correctly. I Want The Transmission Fluid To Flow This Order.out Let From Transmission To Radiator/oem Transcooler To A/m Cooler To Back Into Transmission .

There Are Two Transmission Lines Hooked Up To The Lt Back Side On The Radiator. One On Top & One On Bottom. Is The Top Transmission Line That Is Mounted On The Top Back Side Of The Radiator Inlet Line On A 2004 Gto ? I Used The Top Line To Splice Into The B&m Aftermarket Transcooler. I Am Not Positive If I Used The Correct Line & I Need Someone Who Knows To Let Me Know Whether I Hooked It Up Corrrectly So I Can Have A Peace Of Mind That My Trans. Will Not Fail Prematurely Because I Didn't Hook It Up Correctly.
Comp Cam xr 275 hr-12, 2800 stall,b & m 24000 gvw trans cooler, stainless works off road headers, upgraded gold springs on stock 241 heads, oil catch can, t/b bypass, drag bag, slp rear sway bar, ported t/b, Dyno tune , 363 RWHP.
04goatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:37 PM   #2
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

I see 26 members view this post but no reply. Come on guys.
Comp Cam xr 275 hr-12, 2800 stall,b & m 24000 gvw trans cooler, stainless works off road headers, upgraded gold springs on stock 241 heads, oil catch can, t/b bypass, drag bag, slp rear sway bar, ported t/b, Dyno tune , 363 RWHP.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Default Lines

Bottom line on the trans is feed/pressure. Go from that line (pressure) to the radiator then from the radiator to the add on cooler and then back to top port /line on the trans.
wickedv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:43 PM   #4
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedv6 View Post
Bottom line on the trans is feed/pressure. Go from that line (pressure) to the radiator then from the radiator to the add on cooler and then back to top port /line on the trans.
I tapped the a/m cooler into top line on the back of the rdiator. Did I use the correct line ?
Old 02-16-2008, 07:01 AM   #5
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Default Trans lines

On my Camaro the top (@ the radiator) was the pressure. I would assume it is the same on a GTO. It will not hurt anything either way. If you want to check it zip tie a clear bag to it and just bump the car over. The pressure side will obviously pump fluid out.
wickedv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:01 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2004, 350, camaro, cooler, fittings, gto, hook, hooking, line, lines, powerglide, radiator, trans, transmission, ups