Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans. Break question

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans. Break question

TH400 w/reverse V/B and break. How are you guys wiring up the tranny break and 2 step. are you using a MSD 2 step box? would you wire that to the tach wire on the ECU and then use a MSD chip in the box? I am a bit confused on these LS1's, on my oldskool cars I run the break through the 7AL3 digital box, any help would be great. Thanx.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Banned

WOW! dont tell me I stumped LS1 Tech.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Banned

I don't think they have a staff of people waiting to answer questions here. give it more than three hours. And use the right words, it's a trans brake.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not too many of the Sponsors here would know what you are talking about because they do not handle race cars, they handle transmissions.

That being said, there is not much we do not handle at my shop. I could tell you how I have wired up many race cars in the past... but that might not be applicable to your car and how you plan on campaigning it.

Best I can tell you are looking for an ignition source for your 2 step controller fro when you are on the brake and maybe during a burn out. Any and all MSD module instructions can be found on their website. But, yes all you relly need is a RPM signal and the correct limiter pills in the module itself.

Hope that helps.

g
Old 02-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
I don't think they have a staff of people waiting to answer questions here. give it more than three hours. And use the right words, it's a trans brake.

Was just jokeing dont take it personall, oh and Trans Break
Old 02-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ratchthed
Not too many of the Sponsors here would know what you are talking about because they do not handle race cars, they handle transmissions.

That being said, there is not much we do not handle at my shop. I could tell you how I have wired up many race cars in the past... but that might not be applicable to your car and how you plan on campaigning it.

Best I can tell you are looking for an ignition source for your 2 step controller fro when you are on the brake and maybe during a burn out. Any and all MSD module instructions can be found on their website. But, yes all you relly need is a RPM signal and the correct limiter pills in the module itself.

Hope that helps.

g

Thank you, I was figuring on a MSD 2 step box, but what I was wondering is do I wire the trigger wire to the tach input wire on the ECU, then to the break, and set the 2 step off the chips.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:42 PM
10 Second Club

any particular reason you want to go with a MSD? imo, the Lingenfelter rpm controller is the easiest to use and no pills required. the controller piggybacks the coil pack connectors and the box runs a trigger wire inbetween the tb switch and the tb solenoid. done that simple
Old 02-17-2008, 11:53 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Fuel
any particular reason you want to go with a MSD? imo, the Lingenfelter rpm controller is the easiest to use and no pills required. the controller piggybacks the coil pack connectors and the box runs a trigger wire inbetween the tb switch and the tb solenoid. done that simple

I agree! It's the easiest perfomance item I've ever installed. If you go this route, then just wire in the 2 step and TB activation wire through your switch together. No MSD box required.

G/L